Listen... do you hear them? That distant sound of bells that is getting CLOSER and LOUDER everyday?
Who doesn't love the holidays, and crafting for them? The colors, bright, vivid colors and the BLING! Now is the time to add a touch of sparkle and shimmer to ALL you create.
I'm starting off with an easy card today; one you can mass produce easily if you've procrastinated in getting your holiday cards done, but it still has plenty of BLiNg...
The card base is plain kraft cardstock, and the focal piece is just cardstock that has been "Smooched". Design Adhesives snowflakes were added and foiled with silver...
The "peace" sentiment is just another Design Adhesive cut apart and applied to bits of cardstock and then covered in blue foil...
Here are the quick and easy to follow directions for this card.
“peace in blue” card
Skill Level: easy
Clearsnap: Smooch Spritz: Navy Twinkle and Vanilla Shimmer, Design Adhesives: Memory Box Collection: Flurries and Calm and Bright, Designer Foils: Silver Fog and Seaport, ColorBox Archival Dye Ink: Mermaid, Stylus Handle and White Foam Blender Tip and Color Catcher
Bazzill: Kraft and Walnut Cream cardstocks
Tools: paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive and stapler
1) Cut a 4 X 12 piece of kraft cardstock and fold in half to make card.
2) Cut a 3 X 4 piece of vanilla cardstock and place in Color Catcher. Lightly spritz with Navy Twinkle Smooch Spritz, then add a quick coat of Vanilla Shimmer. Set aside to dry.
3) Prepare sentiment while "smooched" piece is drying. Cut 5 - 1" X 1" pieces of vanilla cardstock. Cut apart "peace" design adhesive from set, and apply one letter to the center of each square. Gently rub blue foil over letters. Trim the pieces in random legths, keeping the widths to about 1/2". Ink edges using Mermaid Dye Ink.
NOTE: Make sure that paper is COMPLETELY dry before doing this step - the Design Adhesives will not appy or adhere properly otherwise.
4) Cut apart snowflakes from set and randomly apply to "Smooched" cardstock piece. The designs can overlap the eges, just trim excess and use elsewhere. Lay silver foil sheet over designs and rub gently.
5) To assemble, staple or glue the "peace" letters to the lower edge of the "Smooched" piece, then adhere the "Smooched piece to the center of the card.
MORE Holiday and Christmas projects are on the way, so please stop back by to see what's new!