A new year makes me think of ways to organize and prepare for the coming year.
One area I have trouble with is keeping track of birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions. So I thought I'd make a little book where I could note those days and have them handy so I wouldn't forget to send a card or buy a gift...
I started with a board book from Bazzill, it's a little under 6" square so it's a great size to keep in a drawer or tuck in a tote. The book comes with 12 blank pages, so you could use a page for each day. I didn't need that much space, so I used the front and back of 6 pages. Then I took 2 of the extra pages and used them as covers for the inside front and back covers...
I cut the 6 pages for the months down a bit so that when i added the labels for the month, they wouldn't extend past the covers...
The pages were stamped first with a swirl pattern in Peach Pastel Chalk Ink so that they would coordinate with the flowers I wanted to embellish with. Then, I stamped a journal block in Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink so that I could neatly write in all the dates I needed to remember...
The months were all stamped with Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink inside a journal circle that was stamped in Lavender Chalk Ink, which coordinated with the other flowers I wanted to use...
Then all that was left was to dress up the front cover, put the book together and add some coordinating ribbons...
If you could use a little bit of a reminder of the special days in your life, here's the directions and supplies you'll need to make this book yourself...
“days to remember” date reminder book
Skill Level: moderate
Clearsnap: ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink: Peach Pastel, Chestnut Roan, Lavender and Amber Clay
Bazzill: Board Book: Carob, Creamsicle Gingham Stripe, Brisbane Middle Weave and Brown Gingham ribbon, Paper Flowers: Primula - Brisbane and Gerbera - Creamsicle and Coconut Swirl cardstock
Hampton Art: Journal Around, Ditto: Ditto Months and Art Warehouse: Holiday Wish List
My Sentiments Exactly: Multi Script and School Days Lower
Hero Arts: Flourish Background
Other: vintage buttons
Tools: scissors, liquid adhesive, dimensional foam dots, corner rounder and paper trimmer
1) Trim 6 pages to 4 1/2", round cut corners, then stamp each one front and back with Flourish Background stamp inked with Peach Pastel Chalk Ink.
2) Ink journal block stamp with Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink and stamp on the front and back of each page about 1 1/4" from left side.
3) Ink the edges of all the pages front and back with Amber Clay Chalk Ink.
1) Stamp 12 journal circles with Lavender Chalk Ink on white cardstock.
2) Use Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink to stamp the months in each circle.
3) Cut out circles.
4) Adhere circles to the front and back of each page, placing the months back to back on each page and staggering the tabs at the top, center or bottom of the pages.
INSIDE FRONT COVERS:
1) Stamp 2 blank pages with the Flourish Background inked with Lavender Chalk Ink; stamping to the right of the page.
2) Ink edges using Amber Clay Chalk Ink.
3) Adhere a piece of peach ribbon down the side of each stamped design.
4) Adhere pieces to the inside of the front and back covers.
1) Cut a 2 1/2" X 4" piece of white cardstock, round corners and stamp with Flourish Background inked with Peach Pastel Chalk Ink. Ink edges using Amber Clay Chalk Ink.
2) Stamp "remember" using School Days alpha with Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink near the bottom of the piece.
3) Adhere a piece of peach ribbon about 1/2" above "remember", then overlap a piece of lavender ribbon slightly below it.
4) Stamp flower journal circle on white cardstock using Amber Clay Chalk Ink.
5) Stamp "days to" with Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink in the center using Multi Script alphas; then cut out circle.
6) Adhere cardstock block about 1 1/4" down from top of front cover, then adhere a small lavender flower at the upper left corner.
7) Use foam dimensional dots to adhere floewr journal circle at upper left a little below and to the right of the lavender flower.
8) Cut large peach flower in half and adhere at lower right corner. Then top with small lavender flower.
9) Adhere vintage buttons to the center of each of the 2 lavender flowers.
1) Put book together by placing pages between covers and then inserting rings.
2) Cut 4 pieces of each of the 3 ribbons and tie 2 of each ribbon in each ring.
Thanks for visiting! Please come back soon!