Happy Valentine's Day!
In honor of this special day dedicated to love and romance, today's project is vintage-inspired and consists of layers and layers of love...
The tag started out as a plain jane manilla tag. The first "layer" the tag received was a light spritz of Smooch Spritz to provide a sparkle-y background.
Next, a scroll background stamp, inked in a subtle shade, was stamped over the tag to add another layer...
A negative stamp was used to add blocks of the "love" design in places, and sentiments were stamped in a bright red for contrast...
A pair of hearts were added to lend another little touch of romance...
And to add a little "shabby" to the tag; plain, white seam binding was spritzed with several shades of Smooch Spritz, then crumpled up until it dried...
You could add a sweet love note to the back of the tag and hang it from your hunny's car mirror, or tuck it inside a book he's been wanting, or just attach it to that special gift. The tag would also be pretty added to an altered project or a scrapbook page.
If you would like to make this tag, here are all the supplies and directions you'll need...
"layers of love” altered gift tag
Skill Level: moderate
My Sentiments Exactly: Be Mine Sentiments
Hampton Art: Reverse Valentine Text
Bazzill Basics: Coconut Swirl cardstock
Other: manilla tag and white seam binding
Tools: scissors, adhesive, white paper towel and foam dimensional dots
1) place tag in Color Catcher and spritz with Pralines and Cream and Caramel Latte Smooch Spritz then set aside to dry.
2) spritz ribbon with Pralines and Cream and Citrus Tickle Smooch Spritz, then add a few touches of Pink Sprinkles and River Mossy Smooch Spritz. Crumple ribbon to blend inks, making sure that entire ribbon is saturated. leave crumpled until dry.
3) ink brocade stamp with Raw Silk Pigment Ink and stamp over tag and then set aside to dry.
4) ink reverse text stamp with Velvet Pigment Ink and stamp in several places on tag - stamping some off the edge; set aside to dry.
5) stamp sentiments using Chianti Pigment Ink along side or on top of stamped text motifs. stamp "happy valentine's day" along the bottom of the tag.
6) distress edges of tag by applying Cocoa Pigment Ink, with a few touches of Lemon Grass and Surf Pigment Ink around all sides. then while ink is still wet, rub gently using a paper towel to slightly blend inks.
7) ink love heart stamp using Chianti Pigment Ink and stamp on a scrap of white cardstock; cut out when dry.
8) ink square stamp with heart cut out using Old Rose Pigment Ink and stamp on a scrap of white cardstock, then stamp heart at center using Chianti Pigment Ink; cut out when dry.
9) ink the edges of both heart pieces using Cocoa Pigment Ink.
10) adhere square love stamp towards center of the card at an angle. then use dimensional foam dots to adhere stamped heart to the right of it.
11) tag tie ribbon in hole at top of tag.
Thanks for coming by to visit us today; have a wonderful St. Valentine's Day!