Creating the illusion of depth with inks is easy once you know the tricks!
Today's card uses a very simple technique to do just that...
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inks were used to stamp the "background" for the card...
Then ColorBox Pigment Inks were stamped and embossed to create the designs in the "foreground"...
Chalk Inks are soft and opaque, so they make a nice backdrop for the shiny embossed Pigment Inks.
Another easy technique to create depth is the use of color. The background elements were stamped in lighter colors than the foreground designs. This helps the background designs recede and makes the other elements seem to come forward.
And alhough the stamp set could be considered "floral", the colors and design make it "manly" enough to send to an under-the-weather guy.
You could easily transform this project by using pastel shades to give it a very femine feel. Or use bright, vivid shades like red, orange and lime green to make it fitting for a teen or tween. Just remember to use the lighter colors to stamp the background and the darker, brighter colors for the foreground.
"just dandy" get well card
Skill Level: easy
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink: Blush Rose, Chestnut Roan and Peach Pastel, ColorBox Pigment Ink: Brown and Black and Stylus and Blender Tip and
Top Boss Embossing Powder: Clear
Bazzill: Kraft cardstock
Petersen Arne: Paper Accents: Dark Peach cardstock
Tools: trimmer, adhesive and heat gun
1) Cut a 4 X 8 piece of kraft cardstock to use for card front.
2) Ink tall floral stamp using Blush Rose Chalk Ink and stamp across bottom of cardstock.
3) Clean and reink tall floral stamp using Peach Pastel Chalk Ink and stamp in between previous stamped designs.
4) Clean and reink tall floral stamp using Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink and stamp over and in between previous stamped designs.
5) Ink large dandelion stamp using Brown Pigment Ink, use Stylus and Blender Tip to add a little Black Pigment Ink around edges and to stem, then stamp at lower right of card. Emboss using Clear Embossing Powder.
6) Repeat step above adding 2 more designs at the lower right and 2 more at the upper left as shown.
7) Ink sentiment stamp using Black Pigment ink, stamp towards right center and emboss using Clear Embossing Powder.
8) Cut a 4 X 8 piece of dark peach cardstock and fold in half to make card.
9) Adhere stamped cardstock piece to front of card.
Come back soon to see what new projects and ideas are up!