The new Spritz Screens by Hampton Art work beautifully with Smooch Spritz. And here is a technique to get double duty out of them by using them with inks too, as was done for this card...
Only a few supplies are needed, Smooch Spritz in several shades, a Spritz Screen, Color Catcher and cardstock...
First, the cardstock was spritzed all over with Gold Glow to create a nice background color...
Then, several other colors were spritzed lightly all over the cardstock to add some color variation...
Once the cardstock has dried, you can start stenciling the design onto the cardstock...
The design is reveled, with all the pretty Smooch colors showing through, once the screen is removed...
Blending the ink around the design and pulling it towards the edges will soften the effect...
Now you are ready to add a sentiment and mount you embellished cardstock on a card.
"shining through" thinking of you card
Skill Level: easy to moderate
Clearsnap: Smooch Spritz: Gold Glow, Carrot, Limolicious and Sea Kiss, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink: Charcoal, ColorBox Archival Dye Ink: Wicked Black, Stylus and Blender Tip and Color Catcher
Bazzill: Kraft cardstock
Tools: trimmer and adhesive
1) Cut a 6 X 6 piece of kraft cardstock and place it in the Color Catcher.
2) Spritz with Gold Glow Smooch Spritz and let cardstock dry a few minutes before going onto the next step.
3) Spritz with Carrot, Sea Kiss and Limolicious Spritzes, scattering colors and making sure not to oversaturate cardstock. Set cardstock aside to dry completely.
4) Place butterfly screen over cardstock piece, angling design as desired. Use Charcoal Chalk Ink applied using Stylus and Tip to apply color to screen and about 1/2 around all edges of screen. Use a gentle swirling motion to avoid moving the screen or getting color under the edges of the screen.
5) Remove screen, then use Stylus to blend ink outward toward the edges of the cardstock to soften the color.
6) Trim piece to 5 1/4 to 5 1/4, and then use Stylus and Chalk Ink to distress the edges.
7) Stamp sentiment using Wicked Black Dye Ink.
8) Cut a 5 1/2 X 11 piece of kraft cardstock, fold in half to make card and then adhere inked piece to card front.
Thank you for stopping by, come visit us again soon!