Hi - Jean here - with another very Smooch Spritz card to share with you. I sometimes save "collage-able" papers with every intention of using them on a project - but always end up tossing them into the recycling bin on Sunday night, in time for the Monday AM pickup. This time I up-cycled them into a background, inked it, then spritzed it to create a backdrop for the glamorous gal from the Hampton Art Vintage Ladies Cling Set.
Cover a sheet of white cardstock with spray adhesive and attach recycled papers to it to create a background. Items used here are an envelope liner, crepe paper streamer, magazine subscription card, doily, diecut and a desk calendar page.
Brayer the collaged papers with ColorBox Fluid Chalk Tangerine and Pumpkin Spice. The glassine envelope window will resist the inks, but it'll be spritzed next.
Spritz the papers with Carrot Cake, Grape Burst, Emerald Sprinkle and Gold Glow. Dry the inks. Cut an irregular section of the collage - approximately 7.25" x 3.25" - and attach it to a 4" x 8.5" card of Muslin Aloha Cardstock.
Stamp the lady on Bazzill Almond Cream Cardstock with Black and emboss it with detail clear powder. Smooch the image with Pool and Carrot, then dry the inks. Trim the cardstock , round the top corners and ink the edges using a Stylus, White Oval Tip and Charcoal ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink.
Stamp the time flies border on Muslin Aloha with Charcoal. Round the top corners and ink the edges with Charcoal. Diecut Whimsy Circle from Soiree Goldfish Cardstock and attach three copper mini-brads.
Attach the pieces to the card, using foam squares for the border Apply a liberal amount of Glue Gloss to the top portion of the dress and Marine Sparkle Fibers into the adhesive. Allow the adhesive to dry thoroughly before placing the card in an envelope.
Here's a summary of the products used:
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpads - Tangerine and Pumpkin Spice
- ColorBox Classic Pigment Inkpad - Black
- Smooch Spritz - Carrot Cake, Grape Burst, Emerald Sprinkle and Gold Glow
- Carrot and Pool Smooch
- Marine Sparkle Fibers
- Glue Gloss
- ColorBox Stylus and White Oval Tip
- Hampton Art Cling Vintage Ladies
- Hampton Art Cling Word Borders
- White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Muslin Mahalo Cardstock
- Bazzill Almond Cream Cardstock
- 4" Soft Rubber Brayer
- Memory Box Soiree Goldfish Shimmer Cardstock
- Spray Adhesive
- Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- Diecut Machine and Plates
- Memory Box Whimsy Circle Die
- Carl Corner Rounder
- Foam Squares
- 1/16" Hole Punch
- Copper Mini-brads
- Recycled Papers - envelope liner, desk calendar page, crepe paper streamer, junkmail envelope, magazine subscription card, diecut
Hope this provides a few ideas for up-cycling some of the papers you'd usually toss into your recycle bin too!