Welcome to the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop!!!
Today Tami Sanders has an awesome handmade gift idea to share with you:
Hello! Tami here to share my handmade gift idea for the holidays with you!
I love to take baths, LONG, HOT, extremely RELAXING baths, so homemade bath salts immediately came to mind as the perfect holiday gift to share! What better gift to pass along to my friends than the gift of a little "calm"...
There are lots of recipes for bath salts available, but the simplest involve only a few ingredients: epsom salts, essential oil(s), soap dye. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour into bottles. My bottles are all recycled glass containers. You could also just purchase premade bath salts and pour them into your decorated bottles if you don't want to make your own.
Here are the supplies you need to decorate your bottles as well as step-by-step photo directions:
- Jumbo Rollagraph Self-Inking Handle
- Jumbo Rollagraph Ancient Page Ink Cartridge: Chocolate
- Jumbo Rollagraph Stamp Wheel: Floral Frenzy
- ColorBox Stamping Guide
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink: Creamy Brown
- Smooch Spritz: Caramel Latte
- Color Catcher
- Hampton Art: ColorBox Graphic 45 Decades Antiquing Dye Ink: Dark Cashmere
- The Twinery: Peapod and Cappuccino
- Spellbinder: Nestabilities: Labels Four
- My Sentiments Exactly: Multi Classic alphabet set
- Beacon Adhesives: 3-in-1 glue
- Bazzill: White Cardstock
- Glass Jars
- White Paper Flowers
- Vintage Buttons
Use Jumbo Rollagraph Self-Inking Handle, loaded with Stamp Wheel and Ink Cartridge, to roll 3 or 4 lines of the design onto cardstock. The Stamping Guide will help keep the lines straight.
Cut out strips, wrap around jars and clip to size, then ink edges using Creamy Brown Chalk Ink.
Apply glue to each end of the backside of the strips and wrap around jar, overlapping ends at back.
Use Spellbinders die to cut and emboss labels from cardstock.
Ink edges of tag using Creamy Brown Chalk Ink to enhance the embossed design and adhere label to front center of strip.
Trace around lids on back of extra rolled design, cut out, ink edges and adhere to tops of lids.
Cut narrow strips of leftover rolled design to fit sides of lids, ink edges, wrap and adhere.
Place flowers in Color Catcher, spritz with Smooch Spritz. When dry, adhere to upper corner of label and add button for center.
To finish, cut pieces of green and brown twine and tie in a bow around neck of bottles.
Thank you for hopping on over to the Clearsnap Blog today! Please be sure to come back ALL THREE days to see what other fabulous handmade gift ideas we have for you. AND, be sure to check out all the other blogs too; both the company blogs and those of their talented designers! You'll be sure to gather enough ideas to take care of your entire list!
To sweeten to Hop, we’re offering a gift for you! For every comment you leave on the blogs in the Hop, you’ll be entered to win a prize pack from one of the participating manufacturer sponsors! Receive extra entries by doing the following, and then coming back here to leave a comment to let us know what you did:
- Share about the Hop on Facebook
- Share about the Hop on Twitter
- Share about the Hop on your blog
- Follow us on our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clearsnap-Inc/159309607440898
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/
- Follow us on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com
- Follow us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com
- Follow our blog: http://clearsnap.blogspot.com
We're so excited to be giving away this fabulous prize pack:
- *NEW* Design Adhesives - Fly Away
- Design Adhesives by Memory Box Collection - Oh Joy!
- Designer Foils - Seaport and Irish Eyes
- Smooch Spritz in Green Olive, Ginger Ale, Sea Breeze, and Holly Berries
- ColorBox Molding Mat - Plaid
- Mix'd Media Inx by Donna Salazar in Denim, Truffle, and Honey
- Memory Essentials Handle
- Fairy Dust Glitter by Donna Salazar in Pralines & Cream
- ColorBox Pigment Stamp Pad in Frost White
- Rollagraph Jumbo Wheel - Snow
- Sparkle Fibers in Marine
- Embossing Powder in Blue
- Glitter in Winter Frost
Visit the list of blogs below and leave a comment on each by Nov 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST. Each day we will be sharing a brand new list of blogs with brand new projects for you to explore, be inspired by, and create from!
Day One:Clearsnap – http://clearsnap.blogspot.com
Hampton Art - http://blog.hamptonart.com/
Zutter – http://binditall.blogspot.com/
Graphic45 – http://g45papers.typepad.com/
Donna Salazar Designs – http://donnasalazar.typepad.com/
The Twinery - http://www.thetwineryblog.com/
Authentique Paper http://authentiquepaper.blogspot.com/
Glue Arts - http://gluearts.blogspot.com/
Sherry Cheever – Graphic45 http://sherrycheever.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/
Claire Towle– Hampton Art http://studio1975.co.uk
Emily Leiphart- The Twinery http://www.leiphartonart.blogspot.com/
Andrea Budjack – Glue Arts http://andreascreativepapertrail.blogspot.com/
Lesley Langdon – Spellbinders http://www.lesleylangdoncreative.blogspot.com/
Daniela Dobson – Clearsnap http://danieladobson.blogspot.com/
Natasha Naranjo Aguirre – Donna Salazar Designs- http://mymomentsoftranquility.blogspot.com
Lisa Day – Glue Arts - http://www.lisaday.typepad.com/
Lynne Forsythe – Zutter http://lynneforsythe.blogspot.com/
Jennifer Priest- Clearsnap http://hydrangeahippo.blogspot.com
Tifany DeGough – Authentique Paper http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
Holly Simoni – Spellbinders http://www.hollysimoni.typepad.com/
Fleur Smith - Zutter http://fleursbydesign.blogspot.com/
Stephanie Johnson- The Twinery http://www.parkersprints.blogspot.com/
Cheers to creating gifts from the heart this holiday season!