Smooch Spritz was used to create a soft shimmery background, and ColorBox Archival Dye Inks were used to add images in sheer color in order to show the layers of the design. The two products work well together to create the embellishments for this card.
Here are closeups of the pieces...
I like using "script" backgrounds to add some interest "behind" some of the stamped images on my projects. They help fill the space while adding a bit of "vintage" to the piece. Several of my projects this month feature "script" backgrounds.
If you'd like to make the quick and simple card yourself, all you'll need to know is listed below...
"soar” encouragement card
Skill Level: easy
Clearsnap: Archival Dye Inks: Mermaid, Seattle Sky, Pumpkin Pie and Putty, Smooch Spritz: Silver Foil and Spun Sugar and Color Catcher
Memory Box: Scalloped Polkadot and Circle Word Background wood mount stamps and Jewels: Pistachio Green
My Sentiments Exactly: Paris Lower clear alphas
Bazzill Basics: Natural cardstock
Tools: scissors, trimmer, adhesive, 3" scalloped circle punch, beauty swabs and dimensional foam dots
1) Cut a 4 1/4 X 11 piece of natural cardstock and fold in half to make card.
2) Ink Scalloped Polkadot stamp with Mermaid ink and stamp on a piece of natural cardstock, then cut out.
3) Place a 6 X 6 piece of natural cardstock in Color Catcher and spritz with Smooch Spritzes; set aside to dry.
4) Punch out a 3" scalloped circle from Smooched cardstock. Ink Circle Word Background stamp with Seattle Sky and stamp on circle.
5) Ink bird with Putty ink, then add some touches of Mermaid ink using a beauty swab to body, wings and tail, and apply Pumpkin Pie ink to the beak, stamp on the center of the scalloped circle.
6) Adhere smooched and stamped 3" circle to cut out stamped circle.
7) Spritz a 5" piece of ribbon with Spun Sugar Spritz and set aside to dry.
8) Stamp "s", "o", "a" and "r" letters on remaining smooched cardstock using Putty Ink. Cut out letters in squares and ink edges using same ink.
9) Cut and adhere pieces of ribbon to left side of scalloped circle pieces, then adhere them to card front using dimensional foam dots.
10) Ink sentiment stamp using Putty ink and stamp at left a little below scalloped piece.
11) Adhere "s", "o", "a" and "r" letters under verse.2
12) Add jewel to bird for eye.
Thank you for visiting the Clearsnap Blog; be sure to come back soon to see what's new!
Don't forget - we're having a Design Team Call! Check it out here: http://clearsnap.blogspot.com/2011/04/announcing-official-clearsnap-design.html