Hello, Charlotte here sharing how to give wire hangers a touch of style by covering them with paper and embellishments. I have so many wire hangers from the dry cleaner and really did not want to throw out the hangers.
I started searching for a way to up cycle the hangers and came across the idea of covering hangers with paper. I thought the idea was fun, so I thought why not take the paper covered hangers to another level, scrapping the hanger.
ColorBox Mix'd Media Inx Chiffon Embossing Powder
Bazzil Basics White Card stock
Bo Bunny Garden Girl Paper Collection
Bo Bunny Garden Girl Rub-Ons
Bo Bunny Garden Girl Die Cuts
Offray Black Ribbon
Kaisercraft chipboard alphabet letters
- Wrap the curved hook of the hanger with coordinating ribbon. Adhere the two ends of the ribbon with a dab of glue.
- Start with two pieces of white 12X12” card stock. Adhere the two pieces together creating a 12X24” piece of paper.
- Stamp the card stock using the Ancient Pages Coal Black Cartridge and Jumbo Floral Frenzy Design Wheel.
- Once the ink dries, apply a thin layer of ColorBox Pinkolicious Archival Dye Ink using the ColorBox Stylus Tool. Lightly cover the entire surface of the card stock pieces.
- Turn the stamped card stock inside out and fold the card stock in half. Place the hanger on the folded paper. Make sure to place the straight edge of the hanger against the folded edge. Now trace the hanger. Make sure not to cut the fold.
- Open the card stock inside out and place the hanger on the paper. Place the straight edge of the hanger against the paper fold. Tape the hanger to the paper to ensure the card stock does not shift while adhering the hanger to the paper. Make small cuts/clips to the paper where the hanger begins to curve to the top of hook.
- Fold the clipped edges over the hanger and adhere to the card stock. Continue to fold the clipped edges around the contour of the hanger.
- Turn the hanger over and fold the card stock, this will sandwich the hanger. Glue the sandwich together and trim the remnant edges of the card stock.
- Mat a photo to card stock and adhere to the hanger.
- Cut out a butterfly with a stencil template or die cut machine. Apply a thin layer of ColorBox Pinkolicious Archival Dye Ink using the ColorBox Stylus Tool. Lightly cover the entire surface of the card stock pieces. Stamp the card stock using the Ancient Pages Coal Black Cartridge and Jumbo Floral Frenzy Design Wheel.
- Use an eyelet setter, punch a hole at the upper right corner of each sleeve/hand.
- Run a piece of 20 gauge wire through the holes. Bent wire into a spiral shape at one end of the wire.
Add embellishments and distress the entire edge of the hanger with ColorBox Blackbird Chalk Ink. Attach the butterfly with a piece of twine.
Created By Charlotte Jenkins
Also, today is the last day to enter our Pin-It to Win-It Contest over on Pinterest!!!!
Our designers have picked their favorite products and assembled them into collections just for you -- collections we are giving away!! Pin any or all of the Designer's Picks from our Pin-It to Win-It Board to be entered to win the collection you pinned. We are adding new collections every day this weekend so check back daily! Just click on the image below to get started: