Today we are so excited to be hopping with our friends from Bascially Bare!! All week long our teams are sharing projects created with Clearsnap and Basically Bare products. Do hang on tight - inspiration awaits!
And, to sweeten the deal, we're doing a little giveaway!!! Each day of the Hop we'll give away a different Clearsnap goodie that will help you "alter" Bascially Bare's "alterable items". To enter, just leave a comment below. Today's prize is...........Today, Jean Okimoto created a bright and festive layout using our inks and Bascially Bare Chipboard Shapes:
"Birthday Boy" Layout by Jean Okimoto
And - as a bonus - the embellies and the Clearsnap inks featured here are proudly made in the USA!
Here are the details and directions for this simple, bold layout:
Clearsnap Products - View the 2012 Catalog* here
- Color Catcher (*Page 51)
- Smooch Spritz - Emerald Sprinkles, Splash and Grape Burst (*Page 47)
- ColorBox Pigment Inkpads - Surf, Violet and Lime (*Page 14)
- ColorBox Chalk Inkpads - Blackbird and Arctic Deep Limited Edition (*Page 7)
- Stylus and White Blending Tips (*Page 81)
Basically Bare Products
- Bare Basics Gears
- Bare Basics Retro Arrows
- Paper Accents Aloha Cardstock (12" square)
- Paper Accents Poolside Vellum
- Bazzill Basics Sour Apple and Forget-Me-Not Cardstock
- Screw Punch
- 1/4" Brads
- Sanding Block
- Techno Font
- Foam Dots
- Cut a 6"x12" block of Sour Apple Cardstock, place it in the Color Catcher and spritz it with Emerald Sprinkles, Splash and Grape Burst
- Dry the ink and trim the cardstock to 5.5" x 9"
- Ink the gears with Violet, Lime and Surf and heat-set the inks with a dry iron on the cotton setting
- Ink the arrows with Arctic Deep and heat-set the ink
- Mat the pictures with Forget-Me-Not cardstock and ink the edges with Blackbird
- Stamp the border on the medium-sized gear with Blackbird and heat-set the ink
- Stamp the pocketwatch on the medium-sized gear with Blackbird, then stamp it again - without re-inking - to make it appear as though it's swinging
- Heat-set the ink
- Sand the brads for a matte finish and attach them to the gears
- Lay a 3-1/2" x 8" piece of vellum over the spritzed background
- Print the title on the smooth side of Sour Apple Cardstock and ink the edges with Blackbird
- Assemble the layout, using foam dots under the outer edges of the small gears
You'll love how quickly and easily the ColorBox and Chalk inks transform the basically EMBELLIES into colorful dimensional design elements for your layouts, mixed media and decor projects! Hope you enjoy the hop - and the projects we've designed for you.
Thanks for stopping by today! Don't forget to head on over to the Bascially Bare blog to see what their team has created today: Bascially Bare Blog.