When I think about holiday crafting, bLiNg comes to mind. All those shiny ornaments, shimmering lights and the foil wrapped packages with their bright bows under the tree.
And bLiNg is what this card is all about! Design Adhesives were paired with my favorite way to embellish them, Designer Foils. I love Designer foils! They are so easy to use and there is no muss no fuss. An important detail if you are making cards in mass. And you can use every last little bit of foil on the sheet too, making them very economical too.
Here's a closeup shot of the tree so you can see how bright and shiny the foiled Design Adhesives are...
The tree was outlined in, and portions of the gifts and the tree trunk were filled in using Smooch Accent Inks for more shimmer...
- Design Adhesives: Jolly Greetings, Flurries and I Do!
- Designer Foils: Cherry Pie, Pink Punch, Goldmine, Limeburst, Seaport and Silver Fog
- Smooch Accent Ink: Mocha, Moonlight, Sassy Pink and Gold Lame
- Sizzix: Textured Impressions Embossing Folders: Flower Vine & Twizzle Set
- Grafix: Metallic Foil Board - Silver
- Bazzill: Kraft Cardstock
- Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry
- 3D Foam Squares
- White Gel Pen
- Trimmer and Scissors
- When using Design Adheisves: they will release easier if you run your finger over the top of them a few times before removing the backing sheet.
- When using Designer Foils, you can use all the foil on the sheets. You can rub the foil onto Design Adhesive design multiple times if needed to foil the entire piece. Lay foil on Design Adhesive, gently rub to burnish on foil, then move foil sheet and repeat if needed.
- Cut a 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 piece of kraft cardstock and fold in half to make card.
- Cut a 6 X 6 piece of kraft cardstock.
- Cut out "Joy", "Peace", "Merry", "Christmas" and "Holidays" words from Jolly Greetings Design Adhesives, trim close to words.
- Starting with Joy about 1" down from center top, begin adhering words in order listed above; centering each below the previous word to build tree. Do NOT remove top protective sheets yet.
- Cut retro star from Flurries sheet and center at top of "Joy", and cut trunk from gift on I Do! sheet and adhere at bottom center of "Holidays".
- Remove top sheet from star and foil using Silver Fog Designer Foil. Do the same for the trunk.
- Remove top sheet from "Joy" and foil using Cherry Pie Designer Foil, continue removing top sheets and foiling as follows: "Peace" - Pink Punch, "Merry" - Goldmine, "Christmas" - Limeburst and "Holidays" - Seaport.
- Cut out tree and outline using Moonlight Smooch Accent Ink. Fill in stripes on trunk using Mocha.
- Cut out gifts from I Do! Design Adhesive and adhere to kraft paper scraps from tree. Foil as desired, using separate pieces for wrap and bows. Fill in portions of designs using Smooch Accent Inks; cut out.
- Cut a 3 1/4 X 4 piece of foil board and emboss using Twizzle Embossing Folder.
- Adhere to card front about 1/2" from top right corner and right side.
- Adhere tree using 3D squares.
- Arrange and adhere gifts under tree, using 3D squares to adhere a few.
- Use white gel pen to add doodled dot border around outside top and sides of embossed foil board.