Jennifer Priest here with a fast card project to share with you. Thinking of the Olympics I have gold on my mind. It's an amazing color and looks rich and bold on monochromatic cards like this one.
Here's how I created this card:
- Generously ink up a Hero Arts background stamp with NEW Stephanie Barnard ColorBox Premium Dye Ink in Mustard. Stamp the front of the card base.
- Tap the NEW Stephanie BarnardColorBoxPremium Dye Ink in Mustard with a Round Tip attached to a Stylus. Ink the edges of the card front, blending the ink in a circular motion.
- Punch a 1.75" circle from Kraft Cardstock and and distress the edges. Ink the edges with a Stylus with Round Tip tapped in NEW Stephanie BarnardColorBoxPremium Dye Ink in Mustard. Mount to a 2" scalloped circle punched from Bazzill Cardstock in Raven
- Stamp a sentiment in the center of the Kraft Cardstock circle using NEW ColorBox Premium Dye Ink in Kettle.
- Wrap gold cording around the card 3 times and tie into a bow.
- Add the sentiment to the lower right front of the card, tucked under the gold cording.
- Stamp a strip of Kraft cardstock with a label stamp inked with NEW Stephanie BarnardColorBoxPremium Dye Ink in Mustard. Cut out and distress the edges. Stamp a sentiment with NEW ColorBox Premium Dye Ink in Kettle. Mount the label to the card as pictured.
- Add a strip of Bazzill Cardstock in Raven to the inside of the card to cover the white peeking through from the behind the diecut card front.
- Add 3 medium sized Want2Scrap adhesive bling gems in black to the upper right side of the card.
- Dust the card lightly with Smooch Spritz in Gold Glow.
- ColorBox Premium Dye Inkpad in Kettle
- Stephanie Barnard for ColorBox Premium Dye Inkpad in Mustard
- Smooch Spritz in Gold Glow
- ColorBox Stylus and Tips Set
- Tombow Power Bond Adhesive Runner, Tombow 3D Foam Tabs
- Distrezz-it-All by Zutter
- Gold Twine by Michael's Craft Stores
- Doodlebug Create-A-Card Card Base
- Hero Arts Four Leaf Grid Background Stamp
- Sentiment Stamps by Unity Stamp Co.
- Bazzill Cardstock in Raven, Kraft
What is your favorite color to create monochromatic cards with?
Have you been crafting during the Olympics?
We'd love to know what event is your fave!
Be sure to head on over to our Facebook Page and follow us on twitter for more updates and inspiration from our designers!
This sports fan is now signing off,
Visit my blog at hydrangeahippo.com