October is in full swing here and in my family, that not only means Halloween, cool weather, and Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbuck's but it also means a plethora of birthdays--4 to be exact, in the last two weeks of the month! Nevertheless, I find myself making lots of birthday cards this time of year.
This birthday card is a bit spooky and a bit of fun and super easy to create -- white embossing powder always seems a little spooky to me plus the blended ink over the top of the embossed image gives the card some depth and richness.
Here's how to create this card:
1. Apply Top Boss Embossing Ink to the Hero Arts Painted People Background Stamp. Stamp onto a kraft card blank.
2. Sprinkle White Embossing Powder over the stamped image on the card and heat set with a heat gun.
3. On a scrap of Kraft Cardstock, stamp a label with ColorBox Pigment Ink -- here I used the purple Cat's Eye from the ColorBox Queties Cat's Eye Pigment Inkpad Set in Passion. Cut out the label with scissors.
4. Using a Stylus and Tips Set in a circular motion, blend the 3 colors from the ColorBox Queties Cat's Eye Pigment Inkpad Set in Passion over the top of the embossed image on the front of the card.
5. Wrap Baker's Twine around the Right hand side of the card 3 times and tie in a bow.
6. Apply a sentiment from the Design Adhesives "Celebrate" Set to the center of the label.
7. Apply Designer Foils in Pink Punch to the Design Adhesives sentiment.
8. Adhere the label to the card front with Tombow Foam Tabs.
9. Tuck two birthday candles behind the label, adhering to the card with Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue.
- Top Boss Embossing Ink
- Design Adhesives - Celebrate
- Designer Foils - Pink Punch
- ColorBox Queties Cat's Eye Pigment Inkpad Set in Passion
- ColorBox Stylus and Tips
- Bazzill Kraft Cardstock
- Hero Arts Painted People Background Stamp
- Unity Stamp Co. August Stamp of the Month
- Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- Tombow Foam Tabs
- The Twinery Twine
- Birthday Candles
Thanks for stopping by today! We're running a giveaway over on our Facebook Page so be sure to follow us on twitter and Facebook to get tips, tricks, and of course, get in on the freebies!
Visit my blog at http://hydrangeahippo.blogspot.com